KANDAWGYI BOTANICAL GARDEN IN PYIN OO LWIN
It was only in 1919 the Government gave official sanction for it. With a continuous supply of adequate spring water in the fantastic lake nearby. The strategy of the Garden was first set out on the Plan of Kew Gardens in England. In 1920 that the Forest Department issued a telling No. 207 which announced that the Botanical Garden for a forest reserve and put it under the custody of the Department. In a number of plots were planted 4840 trees mainly pine varieties. 575 distinct floral species and lots of tropical fruit. Flower and color trees from overseas which were acclimatized to increase at the Garden. Besides. Vast meadows and many seasonal flower beds have been organized and countless wild orchids from various areas of the nation were gathered and exhibited from the Orchid Green House from the backyard. The garden consequently became among those world class botanical gardens.